Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cutting corners to save some money can lead to disaster.

So Jimmy and moved to California over a month ago and its been one thing after another in regards to finances.  Most of the stress was due to the fact that I was not able to find a job.

Well, I've been meaning to get my dogs groomed for awhile now.  I got a few price quotes and was having a hard time shelling out another $120 (tip not included!) to get the dogs gussied up.  With our finances so tight I didn't know what to do.  So I had a brilliant idea while I was at Wal-mart.  For the great price of $10 I was able to get a pair of clippers.  "I'll do it myself".

$400 later after an emergency vet visit I realized the $10 cost of the clippers was just a deposit for my nightmare.

Everyone is okay.  Eden got what I think is razor burn to her private... and she was not happy about it.  Its been several days and she's almost 100% back to normal... although I think she's learned how to work us now for treats.




So $400 + $10 + 2 sleepless nights + 1 very upset puppy + 2 very upset puppy parents = a lesson well learned.  $120 to get two shih tzu groomed is a damn good deal.


1 comment:

  1. what? what happened :( poor thing! next time I'll do it :)

    ReplyDelete